Using SEO also helps to improve customer experience. In turn, improving customer experience helps you to get a higher ranking and drive more visits to your website. Since search engines use several algorithms to judge your website, none of your visits are undeserved. They decide if your website is the best and most relevant one to show to searchers by employing certain parameters; so it all comes down to your hard work, hustle and clever thinking.
But before you enter the world of SEO, you have to remember the six basic parameters: usefulness, usability, desirability, accessibility, credibility, and efficiency. All these are important for your website to appear more prominently on SERPs. By spreading your strategy equally on six fronts, you will witness an all-around improvement for your website’s ranking, and SEO is the best way of improving these six categories. So let’s take a look at the importance of SEO and how can you use it.
A great way of inbound marketing
SEO is one of the leading causes of all clicks and stumbles on the internet. How do companies manage to score hits and conversions at such a high rate? The answer lies in the mystic power of inbound marketing. It is the underrated super weapon of the marketing world. Before we elaborate on its significance, let’s see what inbound marketing really is.
Inbound marketing is explained as organic, natural marketing. Inbound ads aren’t interruptive. They don’t slow down the activities of customers, nor irritate them. Inbound ads are powered by creativity and good placement. By popping up only when needed, they will appear only to people who need them.
This is why SEO is excellent. It improves the experience of people who look for services provided by your brand. When you use SEO, you improve the performance of your brand as well as the experience of the customer.
Content is always the heart of all improvement
When it comes to attaining an SEO boost, content is your loyal friend. If inbound marketing begins with the act of discovery, then one should aim to make their website more discoverable. And how do you accomplish this? By optimising the content. Usually, this means a refinement of whatever you’re offering. However, in this case, we’re talking about something a little more specific – keywords. This brings us to the first step of our journey towards SEO improvement:
- Be sure to use keyword phrases. They will indicate that you are worthy of appearing on the first page of the search results. Such a luxury is almost indispensable to any brand, growing or otherwise. Most upcoming brands find it hard to compete with already established industry giants.
- So what could be the solution? The answer is longtail keywords. They are expressions or phrases that your customers are likely to type in. Instead of using sporadic keyword placements, use longtail keywords. That way, you will escape saturated competition and get better leads.
- The next step is thinking of a good headline. We know how tough it is to cram the essence of your entire business in less than ten words, but this is essential to the survival of your business. On average, 80% of people only read the headline, while a mere 20% will take a look at the rest. It’s up to you to change the odds. By thinking of a better copy to represent your brand, conversions will be improved.
- The choice of keywords is not the only important thing – placement is crucial too. With optimal placement, you can achieve more hits than ever. A solid search engine optimization helps in distributing keywords along all your tags.
Additionally, don’t forget to take note of the title and the URL before everything. Many good websites omit to put keywords in the link, thinking it irrelevant. However, companies with strong keyword placement within the link itself usually rank much higher in the search results, so including keywords in the meta-description is a must.
Going beyond the content and focusing on performance
Content is the basis, the foundation upon which every good brand is built. Nonetheless, an improper setup of your website will deter any future conversions. There are a few key things to watch out for in this case.
- Make sure your website is responsive to mobile users. This is one of the fastest routes when it comes to improving your business using SEO and it requires a substantial amount of testing. For this purpose, there are many mobile-friendly testing tools available from Google. The key is not to create a separate design for mobiles, but a version that is always responsive. Such a design will allow your website to adapt to devices of all kinds.
- SEO functions by sending positive signals to search engines. One such signal is efficiency. If a website is unable to do everything that the users need, conversions will be nonexistent. Cheap hosting and compressed codes are some reasons why people don’t spend much time on certain sites.
- Set up a user-friendly navigation system. If you aren’t sure what the customers are looking for, make everything is tidy and visible. With a maximum of three clicks, they should be able to reach their destination. Less navigation equals more conversions.